Insolvency Advice You Can Count On
Stripes have a practical and creative approach to advising clients where insolvency issues arise, and the overriding aim wherever possible is to pursue rescue and recovery.
Our team of lawyers can provide sound, practical and pragmatic advice in connection with under-performing and insolvent businesses and look for innovative solutions to commercial problems.
In many instances, the initial crisis that an insolvency situation triggers can be transformed over a period into a positive situation for all parties by taking immediate, speedy and effective action. Our solicitors look at constructive strategies with a view to rescue and recovery and maximise the best outcome in the circumstances.
Stripes have also been called in on certain cases to negotiate with major creditors and to advise on post appointment problems where litigation has becomes unavoidable.
Areas of expertise:
- Banking disputes
- Bank Guarantees, Debentures and other securities
- Administrative receiverships
- Personal Bankruptcy
- Business reorganisation and re-construction
- Use of formal insolvency procedures as means for survival
- Routes to recovery
- Shareholder disputes
- Business turnarounds
- Voluntary arrangements (Company or Individual)
- Distressed mergers and acquisitions
We advise on all aspects of personal bankruptcy law, including:
- Individuals with financial problems
- Sale of property/joint property
- Asset debt recovery
- Insolvent partnerships
- Voluntary arrangements
Our clients include:
- Insolvency practitioners
- Unpaid creditors
- Landlords with tenants in rent arrears
- Individuals acquiring businesses or assets from Administrators, Receivers or Liquidators
- Corporates and Directors
- Individuals subject to prosecution for a range of Insolvency and Companies Act offences
- Individuals subject to directors’ disqualification proceedings brought by the Department of Trade and Industry
We liaise with the Insolvency practitioner on behalf of our clients and our solicitors in Manchester assist with:
- Conduct of directors
- Recovery of goods and property through retention of Title
- Completion of proxies
- Procedure for lodging claims and voting
- Dividend prospects and VAT debt relief
- Asset recovery investigations
- Directors previous failings/current business interests
We advise creditors on their rights concerning the recovery of their property under retention of title clauses and also on the effectiveness of clients’ terms and conditions of trade, circumstances where set off is appropriate, the enforceability of liens, contentious remedies and voting rights.