Industrial Deafness Claims
Do I have Industrial Deafness?
- Do you struggle to hear the TV or radio if it’s at ‘normal’ volume?
- Do you get asked by family members or friends to turn the volume down?
- Do you struggle to hear conversations when in noisy surroundings?
- Have you ever worked in a noisy environment?
If the answer to all or any of the above is yes, you might be suffering from Industrial Deafness, Occupational Deafness, or noise induced hearing loss (NIHL) as it is sometimes referred to, entitling you to a claim for compensation.
What is Industrial Deafness?
Industrial Deafness is a recognised condition amongst people who have been exposed to excessive levels of noise in a working environment. This can be in the form of prolonged exposure; for example working long periods of time with machinery emitting continuous loud noise, or more shorter periods of exposure where noise levels are more intense.
Industrial Deafness can also be accompanied with Tinnitus , another side-effect synonymous with working in a noisy environment.
Employers need to protect employees from Industrial Deafness
The problem is made worse by employers failing to provide adequate or no hearing protection. Although Health and Safety rules are more stringent today, this was not always the case, leaving many people with lasting damage to their hearing.
Recent research into Industrial Deafness has found:
- NIHL attributed to a noisy work environment is one of the most significant occupational diseases;
- As many as 170,000 people have developed hearing damage as a result of noise at work;
- Level of noise and length of exposure are factors which contribute to hearing damage.
What to do if you have Industrial Deafness?
Stripes Solicitors’ has an expert Industrial Deafness team. Solicitors have both legal and medical knowledge with many years experience providing advice on Industrial Deafness and helping clients achieve successful claims to compensate them for this debilitating condition.
If you believe you maybe suffering from Industrial Deafness and want to speak to our specialist team regarding a claim, please call us today.