Our wills and probate department has been recommended in the Legal 500. The department is headed by senior consultant Paul Hirst who has expertise in tax estate planning. He deals with high net worth estates including businesses, farms, overseas assets, family conflicts, as well as issues of domicile and Sharia law.
We have a great deal of experience in writing wills and the tax planning that is often needed. Our specialist team will be able to talk you through the different options that you might want to include in your will.
Making a will is not easy but we understand that you wish the process to be quick and painless. We have the knowledge and experience to achieve this whether your affairs are straight forward or complicated.
Making a will is something that is often put off until later in life or when a loved one becomes ill. Everyone should have a will even if their only asset is the home in which they live. Dealing with this now means that matters can be dealt with by giving them due consideration and not whilst under pressure from other factors.
There are various benefits of making a will:
- Your assets are disposed of as you wish
- You can reduce the inheritance tax paid.
- You can appoint a guardian to care for your children if they were to be orphaned.
- You can make sure that your children inherit even if your surviving spouse re-marries.
- You can provide for a disabled person in a way that will not affect their benefits.
- If you are living with someone but not married, you can ensure that your partner is able to stay in your home.