The Employment Law department continues to be recommended in the 2018/9 edition of the Legal 500. Andrew Stripe and David Gallagher are recommended as leading lawyers within this specialised discipline.
The Employment department provides advice on all aspects of the employment relationship and offers a proactive service to provide clear commercial advice to a wide range of businesses and senior executives.
Our areas of expertise:
- Employment Tribunal Litigation, including unfair dismissal and discrimination claims
- High Court Litigation, including enforcing employee restrictive covenants and confidentiality provisions
- Executive Advice, including recruitment and termination of executives
- Reorganisation and Restructuring, including collective redundancies and global changes to terms and conditions of employment
- TUPE Advice, including outsourcings, business and asset purchases and claims brought by employees under TUPE
- General Advisory Advice
- Collective Employment advice, including trade union disputes, negotiating collective agreements, recognition agreements and information and consultation bodies
- Discrimination advice, including advice on all aspects of employment discrimination legislation
- Contractual documentation – we draft and revise all contractual documentation including service agreements, contracts of employment and compromise agreements
- Policies and Procedures
- Transaction advice, including advice on MAs, private equity transactions and joint ventures
Recent work from our Manchester employment lawyers include:
- Advising a plc on the employment issues arising from the termination of a supplier of outsourced services
- Advising a large industrial group on changes to its terms and conditions of employment
- Advising a telecoms company on a race discrimination claim
- Advising a City recruitment business in relation to the removal of several executives
- Providing an employment helpline to a multi-national education provider
- Providing executive employment advice to a national travel company
- Advising the CEO of a North West plc on his departure from the business
- Advising an executive on her departure from the BBC
"Their approach and service has been professional and friendly."