The Employment Law department continues to be recommended in the 2017 edition of the Legal 500 with Andrew Stripe having been recommended as a leading lawyer within this specialised discipline.
The Employment department provides advice on all aspects of the employment relationship and offers a proactive service to provide clear commercial advice to a wide range of businesses and senior executives.
Our areas of expertise:
- Employment Tribunal Litigation, including unfair dismissal and discrimination claims
- High Court Litigation, including enforcing employee restrictive covenants and confidentiality provisions
- Executive Advice, including recruitment and termination of executives
- Reorganisation and Restructuring, including collective redundancies and global changes to terms and conditions of employment
- TUPE Advice, including outsourcings, business and asset purchases and claims brought by employees under TUPE
- General Advisory Advice
- Collective Employment advice, including trade union disputes, negotiating collective agreements, recognition agreements and information and consultation bodies
- Discrimination advice, including advice on all aspects of employment discrimination legislation
- Contractual documentation – we draft and revise all contractual documentation including service agreements, contracts of employment and compromise agreements
- Policies and Procedures
- Transaction advice, including advice on MAs, private equity transactions and joint ventures
Recent work from our Manchester employment lawyers include:
- Advising a plc on the employment issues arising from the termination of a supplier of outsourced services
- Advising a large industrial group on changes to its terms and conditions of employment
- Advising a telecoms company on a race discrimination claim
- Advising a City recruitment business in relation to the removal of several executives
- Providing an employment helpline to a multi-national education provider
- Providing executive employment advice to a national travel company
- Advising the CEO of a North West plc on his departure from the business
- Advising an executive on her departure from the BBC
"Their approach and service has been professional and friendly."